Tuesday, December 6, 2016

What does image sound like?

Hey yall,
 So here is a project we worked on earlier in the semester called "What does image sound like". Basically we had to gather or take photographs of things that explore the sense of sound in their image. For instance, this was an example our Professor, Sally Matthew, gave us.




Suzanne Dworsky, Sea Breeze, Cape Cod, MA, 1978 © Victoria and Albert Museum, London

Now I did a few different things to try and fulfill this task. At first try I went a bit more literal, trying to find things that made a definite sound. Then as i played around with images and photos my mind started to become more creative in my approach. 

In the end this is what I came up with.

It's a windshield wiper. What I've done is give the windshield wiper a voice, and it is telling the story. Then using Photoshop I wrote the story on the windshield following the flow of rain and the wiper. 

This is the story...
"It rained that day...I sat stiffened, looking out the glass as I thought about how much I'd have to clean, the thought of moving back and forth was so exhausting. We sat, people passed, car lights flashed and it rained. I thought about how clean it had been before...Before it rained, how the water splashed and the soap slushed and how happy she was. But it rained...! Why, why would it rain. Nothing to shield her, not even the trees would protect her, the wind threw things at her, other cars splashed her and her squeaky-clean frame left tarnished. How will we see? How will others look at us? Ooooh, the work that had to be done, the movement back and forth, the spots wiped away, the sound of me squeaking left then right, the rubber leaving streaks then making a trip back to collect them again.It rained, and I'm tired...but the job has to be done. She pulls off, and pulls down the handle...Heeree I Gooo!! Squeeeeak! Thud! Squeeak! Thud! SQUEEEEAK!! THUD! Sliding across the windshield to that rhythm, making an awfully, yet, amusing song in the wind...Oh wait! Who am I? I'm her windshield wiper for her car. "



No comments:

Post a Comment